TIPS FOR BUILDING A HOME WORKOUT SPACE ON A BUDGET
With gyms in many areas still closed, and many wanting to avoid crowds in areas where gyms are open, the time to build an affordable home gym is now!
If you're new to exercise, are living in a small space or are still in mourning the loss of the gym it can be a bit daunting to start your home gym. Today, we thought we would go over tips for how to get started and the gear that is essential to get in a total body workout that will torch calories, boost your mood and burn some serious fat!
How to get started for free:
- Clear a space in your house or apartment where you don't work or sleep. Make sure it's free of clutter and distractions. If you're limited on space, pick an area that you don't associate with anything but movement (even if it is generally an unused corner or space.) This will help you on days when you feel less motivated and will help your mind from wandering back to a work or school problem.
- Program workouts around bodyweight movements that are dynamic and effective (such as squats, lunges, planks, push-ups, burpees, and more). Consider intervals, tabatas, or workout formats that will help you get the most out of your workout in the shortest period of time.
- Just get started. Even if you don't have an elaborate set up, moving for 20-30 minutes a day will put you in a better position than you were in yesterday. Find something you like to do, even if it's low intensity and continue to do it regularly.
- Our absolute favorite piece of equipment in terms of versatility and effectiveness is our suspension trainer. Not only do you target specific body parts, it is an incredible core workout to strengthen your abs and burn fat. We love this equipment because your heart will be racing from working multiple muscle groups instead of cardio.
- If you are looking to build an easy to pack bundle, we recommend our non slip resistance bands and our adjustable sandbag kettlebell. Coming in at around $60 this pair is perfect for those who want variable weight to mix up their workout and really target and tone specific muscle groups. Kettlebell swings are one of the most effective workouts out there, and this adjustable sandbag will let you accomplish a variety of upper and lower body movements that will get you results!
- Looking to keep it classic? Our variable resistance band set is perfect for targeting every muscle group in the body. Burn serious calories, fat and build muscle. When you're done, easily pack it away. Ultra portable and effective. Win/win. If you want to dial up the resistance up a notch in addition to our bands, our core gliders allow to target every muscle group with a specific target on the abs.
- One stop shop anyone? Our last option is for those looking to target their abs and upper body in one go. Challenge your body with everything you need to get results that are easy to store, but also effective. Our total body super bundle does it all! What's in it? Push up bars, grip strength trainer, an ab wheel, a jump rope and a mat to make sure your knees are protected so you can keep your focus on your workout!
As you can see, when you're getting started you can get the results you want without spending a fortune. Effectiveness doesn't have to come at a large price tag, it just takes a bit of planning to make sure you have the equipment you need to get to your goals. Ask yourself what kind of workouts you enjoy doing, and build workouts around those movements you love.
Our equipment is also perfect for when you travel, live in small spaces or want to be able to pack it away seamlessly so you have space for non-sweat related activities. It would be amazing if we could all have large home gyms, but it's important to turn the space you do have into something that will be functional and help you achieve your fitness needs. Even when gyms are open, knowing you have great equipment tucked away for those days that you don't have time to commute will help you stay on track!
What is holding you back from getting started?